Why do I get 4G Instead of LTE?

I

iMore Question

4G Instead of LTE

I have an iPhone 5S Factory Carrier Unlocked .

I am running IOS 8.3 on it.

My Problem is that my cellular network provides LTE service and full coverage in my area. But I'll get 4G instead of LTE.

I have tried to put sim on different brands phone to check the coverage and I got LTE signals on them. But on Apple products I only get 4G. I also have IPAD Air 2 with sim. I also checked on it same result 4G instead of LTE.

I also noticed there is only three option in Voice & Data (2G,3G,4G) I think this might be a problem I have no option to enable LTE in both iPhone and IPAD.

Let me remind I have checked my carrier on different brands phones which supports LTE and my Cellular Network is working fine on them with LTE coverage. So obviously there is no problem with my carrier.

My iPhone model is A1457 and my carrier is on LTE frequencies,1800 MHz (FDD-LTE band 3) which completely supported by this phone model

Can any one sort out the problem.

Thank You !

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: 4G Instead of LTE

Your device may have missed a carrier settings update... Try going to settings...general...about and see if you get a pop-up... You might consider connecting to iTunes and doing an iOS restore if the first suggested fix doesn't work.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

Stop me if I'm wrong, but isn't LTE a type of 4G? My carrier originally showed LTE when they got it, but changed it to 4G when they started offering different types of LTE.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

4G became a marketing term when AT&T was allowed to get a way with calling their HSPA+ network 4G... settings to control iPhones get delivered via carrier settings updates.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR