Will car play be available for older vehicles?

redsharktibby

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
This board won't let me post a link yet due to my lack of posts, but there are tons of links on Google. Google "CarPlay in older vehicles" and read that first Macworld link that says "How to add Apple CarPlay to an old car".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
In a 2006 for escape would I be able to get CarPlay?

From what I've seen and read, it will not be possible without replacing your car stereo ("head unit") with a new model that is compatible with Apple's Carplay. The few head units that are currently available that support Carplay are pricey - starting in the $700 neighborhood and going as high as $1500.

Bane310

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
From what I've seen and read, it will not be possible without replacing your car stereo ("head unit") with a new model that is compatible with Apple's Carplay. The few head units that are currently available that support Carplay are pricey - starting in the $700 neighborhood and going as high as $1500.

Wow that's very pricey but in the end worth it if you're gonna make good use of it .

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Wow that's very pricey but in the end worth it if you're gonna make good use of it .

Yeah, it's extremely pricey at this point. Perhaps when more manufacturers/brands get in the game, the prices will drop somewhat. You can now get really good car stereos in the $200-500 price range, albeit without Carplay. So I do expect the prices to drop. The question is going to be "how much".

Bane310

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, it's extremely pricey at this point. Perhaps when more manufacturers/brands get in the game, the prices will drop somewhat. You can now get really good car stereos in the $200-500 price range, albeit without Carplay. So I do expect the prices to drop. The question is going to be "how much".

I hope so and soon I wouldn't mind paying 300 to 500 bucks for CarPlay lol.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2