Is AirPlay the best audio route for new homes? Is wiring AV obsolete?
We just received a 50k quote for a Savant system for new home. Is wiring for audio becoming obsolete? Is the AirPlay and Apple TV the way to go instead of wiring a home audio system throughout a new home build?
- 04-17-2015, 03:58 AM #2
- 04-17-2015, 07:12 AM #3
- 04-17-2015, 07:29 AM #4
- 04-18-2015, 11:00 PM #5iMore Beginner
- 60 Posts
Re: Is AirPlay the best audio route for new homes? Is wiring AV obsolete?
There are several factors to consider.
AirPlay will depend on the speed of the wireless router, if it is an old or slow router, then streaming audio via AirPlay will cause stuttering, lag, or simply not work.
Personally, I have found Bluetooth to be an easier wireless audio solution. It doesn't lag and is universal between most modern mobile devices. The problem with wireless streaming is that the sound quality won't be as good as AV wired.
I guess it all boils down to a balance between convenience and quality.
- By redsharktibby in forum IntroductionsReplies: 14Last Post: 05-05-2015, 10:48 AM
- By sojurn in forum Apple WatchReplies: 5Last Post: 04-17-2015, 07:26 AM
- By miketko in forum Apple WatchReplies: 1Last Post: 04-16-2015, 11:16 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-16-2015, 08:00 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-16-2015, 07:12 PM