Reply from lock screen glitch.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Anybody ever get this UI glitch when attempting to reply to a text message from the lock screen? See screenshot. The area where you type your reply gets cut off. In this screenshot there is probably two more lines of text that got cut off. The recent iOS update hasn't corrected the problem and neither does a reboot. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1428869972.221215.jpg

Last edited:

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
If you don't mind, can you elaborate? I'm not sure I understand what issue you're having.

Sorry, should have been a little more specific. The area where you type your reply gets cut off. In that screenshot there was probably two more lines of text that I typed that got cut off.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
No, I've never seen that happen. Moreover, I just tested on an iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 8.3. In fact, I replied with 6 lines of text and it did not get cut off.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't use a 6, but you might need to restore the phone. All else seems to have failed. I doubt it's an iOS 8 issue. No one else has reported it. Try a restore as new. It's a pain to do, but it does fix stuff. Or take it to an Apple Store and let the Genius Bar look at it.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm in agreement with Ledsteplin. I've yet to see anything like that happen on my iPhone 6 Plus with the latest iOS update or the previous versions. Just do a clean install and set up your device as new...:)

PrincessKristn

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Just for what it's worth (2 cents...lol), that last TWO iPhone 6 Pluses I've had (typing on second now), have had serious freaky issues for which there have been no fix, I've had to go to the Apple Store. My reason for agreeing to go there is that none of the IOS 8 updates, backups, & restores, have not worked and the solution was to replace the phone. I'd, if I were you, just get to a store because one of the freaky issues was with the lock screen with no time like a normal lock screen. Good luck to you and I hope this problem for you is just one that can be fixed. I hate having to reset as a new phone, evidently this lock screen issue is not the only one and the issues just keep getting worse. (This is not a professional comment.) I can just empathize with the freaky issue you're having because of the many that I had.

Have a good one!!

...sent with my iPhone 6 Plus,
😑 Kristin aka PrincessKristn on iMore

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Well I've restored as new but have yet to do a lot of texting to test the issue to see if it still occurs. Fingers crossed.