Why have my emails stopped working?

I

iMore Question

I have an ipad2, and yesterday my emails are not coming anymore, I know I have new ones, as they show up on my android phone. I have a gmail account. I tried resetting name password etc, but still not receiving any new mails. Should I delete the account, and try again? Thank you.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I would reboot the phone first. Less labour intensive. If that doesn't work then yes, delete and add again.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I agree with Qbnkelt. A reboot should fix the problem for you. Make sure, of course, that the device is connected to the Internet.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
And most times email issues like that resolve themselves on their own if reboot doesn't work- yahoo is notorious for email issues

Sent from my iPhone 6

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Do you have your email configured as IMAP? If so, whatever action you take against an email on one device (read, delete, archive, etc) is applied to the email at the server level. So if you read an email on one device (your phone), it will not appear as an unread message on another device (computer, iPad, etc). This is how IMAP works, as opposed to mail accounts configured as POP3. With POP3, each device gets a unique COPY of the email, and an action taken against one copy does not affect the status of any other copy on any other device.

annieh6

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I have a mini iPad and since I updated to ios3 I have not been able to access my emails on the generic email although I can still get my emails on gmail. I have no problem with my iPad Air . Is this because my iPad mini is older and won't take the new updates.

G1ggs

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
I had a problem. I don't receive email, too. Then I reset device and it continue receiving email, and the bug still continue, too. How can I fix that?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox