If I sync with iCloud Photo Library, will I lose my photos?

I

iMore Question

It says 92 photos and videos will be removed if i enable this. I want to back up my photos on my phone as many are of my young daughter and i dont want to lose them. How do i identify which 92 photos will be removed, so i can make sure they are backed up before i enable this?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Venture over to the iMore blog side and read all the new tutorials on the new Photos and see if there's not an answer there... I'm not sure by your description if you mean losing photos from a device or iCloud...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When you enable iCloud Photo Library on your device, it does not delete your pics. All of your pics will be synced or copied to iCloud Photo Library. The photos on your device will remain. That has been my experience and I've experimented with enabled and disabling iCloud Photo Library on several occasions. Having said that, make sure you have a copy of all of your pics just in case. Copy them onto your computer or to Dropbox, OneDrive, box or any of the other cloud services. You can always download them back to your device if necessary.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2