Does HBO Now work with iCloud Family Sharing?

I

iMore Question

If two Apple IDs are connected with Family Sharing, will devices connected to each of the IDs be able to stream from HBO Now?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The HBO Now details say yes for family sharing.

4cb313316450e1633792f66d77086da7.jpg

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Interesting... first time I've seen that... everywhere else in the FamilySharing documentation says what I said above...

It may be the App is FamilySharable... but don't count on in-app purchases being sharable...

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
When the first family member signs up they create an account. I used email. I am assuming that if you log in on the family members device with that email, password it will work. Will try it later and report back.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
When the first family member signs up they create an account. I used email. I am assuming that if you log in on the family members device with that email, password it will work. Will try it later and report back.
I set it up on my AppleTV... seems that the set-up for an HBO-Now account based on email does get linked back to the AppleID... My impression is - any device using the HBO-Now login has to be using the same AppleID/password the trial/service is purchased under

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I set it up on my AppleTV... seems that the set-up for an HBO-Now account based on email does get linked back to the AppleID... My impression is - any device using the HBO-Now login has to be using the same AppleID/password the trial/service is purchased under

(Corrected).

Used same email as my apple id when signing up on phone. Wife installed hbo now and logged in using my apple id. Works on two devices where each device has different apple id (does have family share). Works like netflix as you can enter the complete login. I don't think family share plays any part in it.

Not to split hairs but subscriptions are not exactly IAPs. Have not tried to share a subscription directly through family share. Doesn't seem to matter for hbo.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2