Really slow Time Machine back ups
Hello everyone, hoping you might be able to suggest a way to speed up a Time Machine backup. Maybe I'm doing it wrong? I use a WD external and do backups to it once a month or so on my MacBook Pro.
I started one today at around 1pm, it is currently almost 8:30pm my time and it has only backed up 11GB of the supposed 320GB total. That seems to tell me it will likely be sometime tomorrow afternoon or early evening before it finishes.
I want a whole back up, but is there a way to speed that up a bit so I don't sit for 24 hrs with my computer running? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Happy Easter to all!
- 04-04-2015, 10:51 PM #2
- 04-04-2015, 11:31 PM #3
Re: Really slow Time Machine back ups
Thank you very much for the response. It is my first backup under Yosemite, and I do use Trend Micro anti-virus, so it could be running slow for both reasons. The back ups have always taken an hour or two, but have never been THIS slow!
Thanks very much again!
- By iMore Question in forum Game CenterReplies: 1Last Post: 04-03-2015, 10:11 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 04-03-2015, 08:57 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 04-03-2015, 08:50 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 04-03-2015, 06:51 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-02-2015, 05:00 PM