can I transfer data from old iPhone 4 to iphone 5S?
hello. got my new iPhone 5s last week. I'm wondering if I can transfer all my old stuff from my iPhone 4 on to it. I didn't download the latest IOS To my iPhone 4 as I didn't want to slow it down. ( I don't think it's possible anyway) it has IOS 7.0.4 installed on it , my iPhone 5s has version 8.1 installed.
I was planning on transferring everything via iCloud .
on apples website it says to transfer via iCloud i need both devices to have iOS 5 or later (check) but not whether each device needs the SAME iOS running on them. (iPhone 4 has 7.4.1 and it cannot download later iOS. iPhone 5s has 8.1 )
anybody got any clues ?
- 03-26-2015, 06:01 PM #2
Re: can I transfer data from old iPhone 4 to iphone 5S?
Yes, you can restore an iCloud back-up made from the iPhone4 to the 5s...
Or, connect to iTunes... Sync/back-up the 4... Then, connect the 5s to iTunes, and sync & restore the back-up.
- By sethjk in forum iCloudReplies: 9Last Post: 04-09-2015, 09:27 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-27-2015, 08:54 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-26-2015, 06:03 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-26-2015, 03:51 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-26-2015, 02:51 PM