When adding contacts the cursor is jumps from one field to other on my iPhone 5s, how can I stop this?

manju1221

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
When adding contacts the cursor is jumps from one field to other in iPhone 5s

When adding contacts in my iPhone 5s the cursor jumps from one field to other fields I.e., when adding first name the cursor suddenly jumps to last name field.then jumps to other field when entering last name.
This is happening after updating my iPhone to ios 8.2.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
When adding contacts the cursor is jumps from one field to other in iPhone 5s

Welcome to iMore

That's strange I'm also on 8.2 running a 5s with no such issues. How long after updating did it start to accrue?

Did you perform a hard reset since updating

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: When adding contacts the cursor is jumps from one field to other in iPhone 5s

When adding contacts in my iPhone 5s the cursor jumps from one field to other fields I.e., when adding first name the cursor suddenly jumps to last name field.then jumps to other field when entering last name.
This is happening after updating my iPhone to ios 8.2.

I've had this happen to me also...it's quite a strange thing lol. Well, long story short, I've had to do a hard reboot for another reason (my reminders acting wonky) and that corrected the jumping issue with the contacts.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: When adding contacts the cursor is jumps from one field to other in iPhone 5s

Which keyboard are you using? I find that happening when I use the SwiftKey, but if I switch back to the stock iOS keyboard, then it's OK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

Which keyboard are you using? I find that happening when I use the SwiftKey, but if I switch back to the stock iOS keyboard, then it's OK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahhhhhh...,ya know what BB guy ?!? That's exactly what it is because I also have SwiftKey installed on my 5S and I just tested it. Thank you !!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I have this happen when using SwiftKey. When I switch to stock, it does fine.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

I have this happen when using SwiftKey. When I switch to stock, it does fine.

I've never put one and one together mainly because I hardly need to add or edit my contacts. So on the very few occasions I did and had SwiftKey active it never dawned on me. But I'm glad I know now. :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
When adding contacts the cursor is jumps from one field to other on my iPhone...

I've never put one and one together mainly because I hardly need to add or edit my contacts. So on the very few occasions I did and had SwiftKey active it never dawned on me. But I'm glad I know now. :)

Yeah, using SwiftKey on contacts, the cursor is all over the place. There's a SwiftKey forum, and there's a thread there about the issue.
SwiftKey VIP

manju1221

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site

Hello everyone. Thanks for the replies. I tested with and without swift key. And it's positive for swift key. When using native keyboard no problem. Thank u bb guy. But how this can be overcome even when using swift key.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Hello everyone. Thanks for the replies. I tested with and without swift key. And it's positive for swift key. When using native keyboard no problem. Thank u bb guy. But how this can be overcome even when using swift key.

It's probably all 3rd party keyboards. It's like the issue with the Messages app freezing. I haven't tested it with another keyboard though. So I could be wrong.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods