Might be switching to iOS. What are things iPhone can do that Android can't do?

Josiah23

Trusted Member
Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Sorry for the title
I am currently an android user, but thinking about switching to ios devices. What are things iPhone can do that android can't do?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Sync to iCloud and send & receive "iMessages"...:)....Other than that, the iPhone is merely smartphone that's well-built, easy to use and highly supported. You can listen to music, watch videos, take pictures, create and edit documents, email, text, and make & receive phone calls like you can with any other smartphone.

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
iMessage...send HD video/pics/voice msg without compression and loss of quality, I mean to anyone iOS or android. I could never send a video msg on android due to size limit.
Apps are of better quality on iOS. Apple support is great

Sent from my  iPhone 6 Plus!

anon8656116

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Here are some more:
  • You can refuse access permissions (e.g. location, contact data, photos, etc.) when an app asks for/needs it and generally have a lot more privacy options at your disposal. On Android you will be notified upon installation to which components that app will have access and there is no option to switch anything off, unless the app itself offers an option inside (it used to be possible on Jellybean to revoke access permissions, but I think that was dropped in KitKat and has not returned since. Moreover if you do this, apps may stop working).
  • Notifications settings are easy to change on a per-app basis and you can disable them right-away when you're starting an app for the first time (when I install a game, I disable these immediately and don’t have to start digging into the settings to turn them off). On Android this tends to be a bit more complicated (in my opinion that is).
  • Touch ID on iPhone 5S, 6 and 6+. It's absolutely worth it, believe me. No other Android device has even come close to the speed and accuracy yet, if it is at all available (not many have it).
  • More quality third-party apps. Many are released exclusively for iOS or released first on iOS.
  • A very responsive system on which you virtually never have to worry about closing apps and freeing up RAM (I know many Android users that install maintenance applications for this and close applications meticulously). The system will remain responsive at all times.
  • Device encryption (enabled if a passcode/password is set) with no impact on performance. It was recently reported that Google would not enable encryption by default on Lollipop (as they announced before) due to performance impact; it’s still optional of course, on older Android versions as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR