Why won't yahoo mail download using Mail app in iOS8.2?

cattailsfarm

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
I recently updated my iPhone 6 to iOS 8.2. Since Thursday 19 March, the iOS Mail app will not download mail from my Yahoo account. My Gmail and another account work fine. The Yahoo account continues to download on my iPod Touch under iOS 6. The Yahoo mail does come down on my iPhone if I use the Yahoo app, but that is less convenient.

I have deleted the Yahoo account on the iPhone, restarted the iPhone, and re-entered the Yahoo account--no joy.

Is this related to POP vs IMAP mail? I'm not sure which flavor any of my email accounts are.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

cattailsfarm

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, Keith

I've already tried all the procedures given at that link with no success.

On another forum, a reader said his wife had had the same problem. He got her to delete a bunch of stuff in her Yahoo inbox and folders and it was fixed. He guessed that there was a message with some kind of corrupted content. I'm working on my inbox, but without success so far.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, I just sent myself a test email to my Yahoo account and received it without any problems via the native Mail app. Try going to Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars - Yahoo - Account - SMTP and then make sure that Yahoo's server is listed and turned on.

deza1249

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
Hello, I just wanted to confirm that my wife's iPad is experiencing a similar problem that also started last Friday. She is able to send and receive mail from our Mac and her iPhone but not the iPad using the iOS mail app. I did add the Yahoo mail app on her iPad and that's working but not ideal. I called Apple support and they suggested that Yahoo made some changes recently that is not allowing all mobile devices to work with mail. I can't call Yahoo and they can't seem to understand what the issue is. I have reset the iPad, deleted and re-added the account, and still nothing. The Yahoo server is listed an on. I'm at a loss. I'll accept any ideas while waiting to get an email back from Yahoo customer care.

ramoo55

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
I had this same problem a few months ago. Tried everything to fix it but nothing worked. About a week later it suddenly started working again. Now it is doing the same thing! I can get my yahoo email on my IPod, Ipad2 but not my iPad air. Glad I hhave backup devices.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR