Calendar event "time to leave" - is there one?

hawks25

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
I need something equal to Google Now's ability to tell me when to leave based on current traffic conditions to get to my calendar event's location on time. I've searched high and low, tested the native iOS calendar travel time feature with an iCloud calendar, tried the Traffic Conditions widget (which is the closest, but still did not offer an active notification), saw the "LeaveNow" app and its fee with mediocre ratings and still do not have a solution.

I have two Google calendars and need to have this ability for both. I use the Google Search app with Now for one calendar, but the app only works with one account which leaves me needing for the other (on Android - where I came from - the native app worked with multiple accounts).

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6728152?start=0&tstart=0

Ok... That's someone with the same issue you have...

The way I understand calendar alerts to work... If you include the address in the event, and set an alert time of say 15 minutes before the event... But traffic would make you take 20 minutes to get there, the alert time would adjust based on traffic... living in a rural area, I've not had much occasion to have a need for the feature as traffic conditions are rarely reported at all.

Last edited:

hawks25

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
That's exactly it. The "Travel Time" feature is based on what location you tell the event you're going to be at when you leave as you create the event. Sometimes that is not feasible. I really need it to be a "set it and forget it" thing.

Here is a comparison of the Google Now and iOS calendar performance, for others to see and understand. I had address location information for the event and I input where I was going to start from in the iOS calendar.

iMoreAppImg_20150321_103343.jpg

hawks25

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
Thanks...I think I've read all of the calendar articles on iMore about 10 times each! :)

I have done those steps and the above picture ended up as the result (I would have been late). It appears I'm out of luck until Apple or an app developer provides a solution.

Thanks for your help though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR