Must I upgrade my mac to upgrade itunes?

I

iMore Question

To synch my new 5s to my mac 10.6.8 I seem to need itunes 12.1 - BUT, 10.6 won't upgrade itune's newest version 12.1 -- Am I being forced to upgrade my computer AGAIN just to synch my new phone? I have itunes 11.4 and it will not synch my phone. I'm not computer literate so I'm only understanding what I am reading by following iphone's synch instructions. Thanks for confirming my fears or explaining any other options for me.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In regard to your Mac, you will either have to upgrade the OS X version or get a newer model since iTunes 12.1 requires OS X 10.7.5 or later.

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
There is always going to be a comparability issue when it comes to iTunes and other applications and the operating system you are running. I find computer upgrades to be a necessary thing. They usually make the computer less vulnerable and fix bugs that make the computer not run at its best. I don't mind updating my computer often, to me it means Apple is continuing to work on an already stunning operating system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lisab223

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I just installed this 10.6 a couple months ago to resolve a similar problem. - Wish I'd been warned then; I wouldn't have wasted my money. Thank you, all for your quick replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2