My iphone 6 Plus saves photos at a low resolution. I can't zoom without extereme pixelation. HELP

I

iMore Question

This is a replacement IPhone 6 Plus. I received it after my last one was destroyed in a freak accident at work. I am not sure if the replacement is new or refurbished phone. After a trip to Colorado two weeks ago (the pictures came out awful, by the way) I took it to the apple store where they agreed and said the pics were not supposed to be that low (of a) resolution. Then they told me I needed to upgrade to 8.2 (I was at 8.1.2) and that the older IOS had camera problems. I can't believe that because my other phone took beautiful pictures that I could span across two 24 inch monitors. They also said that if the upgrade to 8.2 didn't work, I should reset the phone. I tried that too... no good. Does any one know how to fix this low resolution picture problem? I have not enabled the 'new' beta cloud option as I don't know if this will work or not. I am going back to apple this weekend and tell them their fixes didn't work and I need a (new?) replacement. Any suggestions?? Help. please

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I've never heard of this issue. Can you post a example of the low resolution pic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
My iphone 6 Plus saves photos at a low resolution. I can't zoom without exter...

Make sure you are saving them at full resolution:

Settings > Photos & Camera > Download and Keep Originals

15ba3f2e13320ff2c865ca3b649fb93a.jpg

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1 - you know, the version BEFORE they totally borked the app.

T1ck_T0ck

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Download an app that lets you do Tiff like CameraPro 8 or Camera+ and try that to see if there is a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I used the camera + app and everyone of the photos I took on Saturday are doing the same thing. Options?
View attachment 79915

If you're zooming, then that's the problem. Zooming photos on iOS does not work well. If you zoom or crop photos, you will lose resolution and photo quality. I look forward to the day when Apple fixes this.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

PatrickBieser

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem. Some, but not all, of the pictures I take with my iphone 6 -- without zooming -- have terrible pixelation. Sometimes the pictures are fine, but half the time the resolution is very poor. Below is a sample picture with lots of pixelation as you zoom in to 100%

IMG_8549.JPG

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2