Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes
    iMore Nanite

1 Posts

Default Re: Why is my brand new iphone 6 heating up?

I've been experiencing unexpected heating on my iPhone 6 (64Gb), too. The amount of heat is enough to make me react as if it's hot enough to hurt, even though after the firest reaction, I realize that it is not quite hot enough to burn me. It does feel hot enough to worry about electronics being fried.

The application that seems to cause the excessive heat the most is the books-on-tape application from audible.com. The heat is especially startling when I have had the phone on a table next to me while listening and then pick up the phone. The first few times, I thought I had unintentionally left the phone in direct sunlight while I listened in the car. Today, it was in my shirt pocket and it was a bit startling to feel the heat build up.

I can't help but think that there is a waste of energy when the phone is heating up while simply playing an audio file, though I don't notice a big spike in battery life going down at those times.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12