Why is my brand new iphone 6 heating up?

mij9895

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I bought my new iphone 6 64 GB a couple of days back. I find that it is heating up within 5 minutes of usage. Is there a problem with the phone? Should I visit the apple service centre?

My 6+ 128GB just started overheating last week. 4 times it's become too hot to touch. I even took my Otterbox defender off to prevent it from happening in the first place. I'm taking mine in to an Apple Store this weekend to have them look at it.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

WP7Nettwerk

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
So at the moment with iOS8.2 restore looks better. At the moment no lag as I reported before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iDrizzy01

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
In as much as it's normal for a device to get 'warm' during use, getting hot is really a big issue. I'm facing the same problem, here are my observations so far: when you have a poor signal reception, your phone gets 'hot'during use(web browsing, games, texting, calls)nO can assure that nothing is wrong with your battery or the phone. 2, try to connect to a Wi-Fi and see if you experience the same while on 3G. 3, download 'ookla' app and run a speed test. The phone don't just get hot, the battery drains like a count down. Trust me I know what you're facing. You can get back when you find a solution, your could also walk in to apple store who knows might be hardware problem.

rwgunn

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
I've been experiencing unexpected heating on my iPhone 6 (64Gb), too. The amount of heat is enough to make me react as if it's hot enough to hurt, even though after the firest reaction, I realize that it is not quite hot enough to burn me. It does feel hot enough to worry about electronics being fried.

The application that seems to cause the excessive heat the most is the books-on-tape application from audible.com. The heat is especially startling when I have had the phone on a table next to me while listening and then pick up the phone. The first few times, I thought I had unintentionally left the phone in direct sunlight while I listened in the car. Today, it was in my shirt pocket and it was a bit startling to feel the heat build up.

I can't help but think that there is a waste of energy when the phone is heating up while simply playing an audio file, though I don't notice a big spike in battery life going down at those times.