Why is my brand new iphone 6 heating up?

psantoshprabhu

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
I bought my new iphone 6 64 GB a couple of days back. I find that it is heating up within 5 minutes of usage. Is there a problem with the phone? Should I visit the apple service centre?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
With use, it's not unheard of for a device to warm... if by 'heating up' you mean too hot to handle - that's an issue...

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Apple has stated before that they design their devices to push heat to the exterior of the phone to prevent internal damage.

WP7Nettwerk

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
I bought my new iphone 6 64 GB a couple of days back. I find that it is heating up within 5 minutes of usage. Is there a problem with the phone? Should I visit the apple service centre?

Don't ask here and don't tell true about Apple ****s. If you gonna do this, be careful. And yeah Apple doesn't care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
And yeah Apple doesn't care.
You couldn't be more wrong. There are far more positive stories in these forums of Apple's Customer Service than negative ones... If you act with Apple Support the way you act here... let me just say that you reap as you sow.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I would advise restoring your device as new. I had the same heating issues when I first got my iPhone 5, but doing what I advised fixed the problem. I found that whatever my carrier did when setting it up in store is what caused it. It could be the same for you.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not to be rude but the iPhone 6/6+ both suck really bad

Do you have an iPhone 6 or an iPhone 6 Plus? If so, it's okay to say that your iPhone 6/6 Plus suck, but don't make the statement a blanket one because many of us are thrilled with our iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus devices.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Don't ask here and don't tell true about Apple ****s. If you gonna do this, be careful. And yeah Apple doesn't care.

I have gone back and read several of your posts, and all that you do is slam Apple. So why don't you get an Android or Blackberry and take your whining, b***hing trolling somewhere else?

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Not to be rude but the iPhone 6/6+ both suck really bad

You made the comment to be rude. If I walked into someone's house and said "not to be rude, but your hardwood sucks really bad". I'd essentially be trying to be rude. Just come right in and say hi I'm here to stir the **** pot. But stir that pot, then please lick the spoon on the way out

Mac Techie

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
You made the comment to be rude. If I walked into someone's house and said "not to be rude, but your hardwood sucks really bad". I'd essentially be trying to be rude. Just come right in and say hi I'm here to stir the **** pot. But stir that pot please lick the spoon on the way out

Whatever you beleive...