How do I log out of the Apple ID on my Mac?

I

iMore Question

I have just had a software update on my MacBook Pro. (Used to belong to my husband, who has just upgraded) On restarting there was a prompt to enter Apple ID, and my husband entered his, since I don't have one.
Problem is, on Safari, all the Favourite Bookmarks are now his, and not mine - how do I get mine back - if I just alter these, they will affect his laptop too, since they are linked to his account.
I have tried signing out on the App Store

LaneyB69

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I was concerned about this - when I select iCloud...Sign Out it says that "If you turn off iCloud Drive, all documents stored in iCloud will be deleted from this Mac (Your documents will still be available on other devices using iCloud)"
Didn't want to risk losing my documents or my husbands!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have just had a software update on my MacBook Pro. (Used to belong to my husband, who has just upgraded) On restarting there was a prompt to enter Apple ID, and my husband entered his, since I don't have one.
Problem is, on Safari, all the Favourite Bookmarks are now his, and not mine - how do I get mine back - if I just alter these, they will affect his laptop too, since they are linked to his account.
I have tried signing out on the App Store

You should be able to export your bookmarks and then be able to import them once you've signed in to iCloud on the computer with your own Apple ID.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I was concerned about this - when I select iCloud...Sign Out it says that "If you turn off iCloud Drive, all documents stored in iCloud will be deleted from this Mac (Your documents will still be available on other devices using iCloud)"
Didn't want to risk losing my documents or my husbands!

The data is still available in iCloud even if you choose to remove it from the computer. Furthermore, when you sign back in, the information will re-sync to the computer.

LaneyB69

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I shall have to be brave and try this I think! Thanks. My husband and I usually only save stuff to our laptop hard drives anyway, so I don't think it should be a problem......it's just that phrase "documents.....will be deleted from this Mac...."

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW