Can I get some help with a few questions about switching from Android to iOS?

kl77

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Questions about switching from Android to iOS.

I'm looking into the iPhone 6+, but I'm not sure how anything works on an iPhone as I've only ever owned Android phones, so I'm looking for someone with experience using both OS's. So my questions are, if anyone could advise please:

1) My most used apps are Gmail, Google Maps, Google Play Music, and Google Now. I use these apps constantly and they would be the main deterrence from transplanting to iOS. Are the major features of these apps present in their iOS counterparts, or are they neutered, rarely updated apps?

2) Is there a way to make certain apps the default apps as you can on Android? For example, I would always want Google Maps to come up as default regarding anything map related, and never Apple Maps. Jailbreaking is not something I'm afraid of as I've rooted on Android many times.

3) Is there an iOS equivalent to Tasker that is as powerful?

4) What are some other little things that I'm going to find annoying as an Android user if I switch? What are some positive things?

Thanks in advance for the answers, I just want to make sure I make the right decision. You don't realize how embedded you are into an ecosystem until you contemplate making a switch- both OS's have done a good job of that.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: Questions about switching from Android to iOS.

Hey most of the Google apps are on iOS such as Google maps, drive, gmail etc.... Also yes there is an equivalent tasker app and you can download third party calendar apps that sync to your Google calendar. As for app quality the apps are much more polished on iOS than android in my opinion. I think you will be happy coming over to iOS it's a great operating system

Sent from my  iPhone 6 Plus

kl77

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site

Hey most of the Google apps are on iOS such as Google maps, drive, gmail etc.... Also yes there is an equivalent tasker app and you can download third party calendar apps that sync to your Google calendar. As for app quality the apps are much more polished on iOS than android in my opinion. I think you will be happy coming over to iOS it's a great operating system

Sent from my  iPhone 6 Plus

Thank you for the response! Are the Google apps as robust and up to date as they are on Android? For example, I know for awhile Google Maps didn't give voice guidance on iPhone. If I can't have the same experience with Maps and Google Now that I have on Android, it's going to be a tough choice.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site

Google Maps on iOS does have voice guidance. You can also make Siri use Google Maps by adding 'via transit' to your request for directions. For the most part, Google does a good job keeping up with their iOS apps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner