Will I need a Sim Card to use a Golden State iphone 5 16 gb as an Ipod?
I ordered an IPhone 5 from ebay, it is locked to golden state, golden state is CDMA. But I heard all iphone 5 need sim cards to activate. I just want to use this phone as an IPod. will I be able to do that without a sim card?(WHICH I DONT OWN) P.S I already ordered it, should be here soon...
- 03-05-2015, 11:21 PM #2iMore Intermediate
- 108 Posts
Re: Will I need a Sim Card to use a Golden State iphone 5 16 gb as an Ipod?
as far as i know, you need a sim to activate the device.
edit: I googled golden state and if indeed it is the same company (a small provider in California) the parent company is Verizon. Verizon iPhones (LTE ones) are unlocked out of the box. I am not sure it will work the same, but maybe someone here can confirm.
If you can get your hands on a nano-sim, from a friend or family member, you can see if the device accepts it and from there you can activate it! - and know if it is unlocked.
- 03-06-2015, 12:29 AM #3
- 03-06-2015, 04:42 AM #4
- 03-06-2015, 12:21 PM #5
On my iPhone 5s, under Contacts icon, how do I get the contacts to display the complete phone number?By glfong499 in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 2Last Post: 03-07-2015, 08:26 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-06-2015, 08:18 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-05-2015, 08:54 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-05-2015, 06:57 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-05-2015, 06:19 PM