What are the best uses for the MacBook Pro sd card slot?

I

iMore Question

I just got a new MacBook Pro Retina and would like to know the best uses for the sd card slot. I don't take a lot of photos, so there isn't a need to transfer photos from my camera. Should I put my iTunes library or iPhotos there? I am not pressed for space on my drive yet, but I would like to know how people use this slot.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I just got a new MacBook Pro Retina and would like to know the best uses for the sd card slot. I don't take a lot of photos, so there isn't a need to transfer photos from my camera. Should I put my iTunes library or iPhotos there? I am not pressed for space on my drive yet, but I would like to know how people use this slot.

I have several "half" cards that I use in that slot. I have several brands, as well. PNY makes the StoreEDGE cards in multiple storage sizes (64GB and 128GB). The other brands - Nifty and TheMiniDrive use MicroSD cards, and the ones that I have currently support up to 128GB MicroSD cards.

I use them for storing work projects - photos that I am working on, documents related to other projects, and one that I use to store movies. The StorEdge has a small lip that sticks out just enough to allow you to grab it to eject the drive. The other versions sit completely flush with the rMPB, and have little slots where you can "hook" them with the provided tool to eject them.

Over all, very handy - especially on a rMBP with the limitation of the SSD drive storage.

http://www.pny.eu/product/s-24-222/Accessories-for-Apple/StorEDGE-/
Simple, Seamless Storage For Your MacBook | The Nifty MiniDrive
TheMiniDrive | Seamless MacBook Storage ? TheMiniDrive.com

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods