I deleted a recurring event on my calendar but am still getting alerts. How do I turn it off?

I

iMore Question

I deleted a recurring event on my calendar but am still getting alerts. Help!

I have deleted three recurring events but I am still getting the alerts. How do I fix that?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: I deleted a recurring event on my calendar but am still getting alerts. Help!

Did you delete the current event only or all future? Make sure if it asks to delete all future events.

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: I deleted a recurring event on my calendar but am still getting alerts. Help!

Did you delete a single one of those reoccurring events, or did you delete the entire series of events? It should give you the option to delete all reoccurring events when you are deleting one of them. If you have selected to delete them all try disabling this calendar and turning it back on. This is a fix that I have had to use several times myself.

dshoelover

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site

Yes, I deleted all future events. When I go onto the app they are gone but I still get the alerts.
How can I disable the calender and then turn it back on?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

Yes, I deleted all future events. When I go onto the app they are gone but I still get the alerts.
How can I disable the calender and then turn it back on?

Did you delete them from your email client so they don't sync back?

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

dshoelover

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site

The were on the apple calendar app. What do you mean by email client?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Could the events be on more than one calendar? I have 3 calendars in my calendar app. You might check that. Go to the app>Calendars (at bottom)> scroll down to see calendars options. If more than 1, tap on each and see if the events are there.

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (no longer trustworthy)

50ShadesofDroidx

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site

You didn't properly turn it off. Check your calendar again. Make sure all future recurring event is disabled.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods