Am I able to replace my Touch ID ?

I

iMore Question

My touch id doesn't reckonize my finger print anymore and I don't know why, it wasn't like this before. If i was take everything out am I able to replace it with another chip or something or would I have to use my phone without the id touch sensor ?? Please help me asap

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Am I able to replace my touch id ?

Before going to a drastic step as a DIY hardware replacement, exhaust all opportunities for software fixes first... Like restore the iOS...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In addition, you do NOT have to use the Touch ID feature. You can simply enter the Lockscreen passcode.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Try deleting your fingerprints and redoing them. Maybe they got corrupted somehow. If that doesn't work try the above suggestion. Good luck.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Wasn't there a news blog on iMore soon after the 5S release that Touch ID is unique to a individual iPhone meaning a user couldn't put a Touch ID home button in another phone and expect it to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sheailewis1

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Seems like my touch ID was butchered after 8.2. I even tried restoring through itunes to see if it was a random bug. Still won't pick up.

sheailewis1

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Try restoring as new and not from a backup. If you haven't tried that already.

Yeah, I've tried that already. Still lags to register a finger. It's odd because before that I kept getting errors about going through the setup.

Know if 8.1.3 is still being signed?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I've tried that already. Still lags to register a finger. It's odd because before that I kept getting errors about going through the setup.

Know if 8.1.3 is still being signed?

Not sure if 8.1.3 is still being signed I doubt it.
Are you Jailbroken?
You may have to take it in to a Apple Store if possible.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711