Need help with data recovery

sudheer1979

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
My 2009 MacBook Pro was getting slow so took it to the genius people at Apple Store. He did a diagnostics and said the system may be volume corrupted. He also said its FileVault encrypted. So he was going to once again start the Mac take data away and was going to put in a new OS. As he was trying to switch on the Mac it didn't start up, he told me that he can put in a new OS which will delete the data. As I hadn't backed up the data I told him not to do anything. Next day My Neighbour who works on computers took the hard drive out and told me that the hard drive is working and he was able see it on the test computer but couldn't find any option asking for any password to decrypt or access the hard drive. The guy told me that I should take the hard drive to the place where they retrieve data which will cost big bucks. My question is would I be able to retrieve the data from the hard drive at all.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you do not have a backup to restore to, and you don't have access to the FileVault encrypted hard drive because the system volume is corrupted, you're basically out of options. Sure, you can pay a data retrieval company, but there are no guarantees that they can rebuild your file system to allow you to access the encrypted data. Still, it's your data, your money and your decision to make.

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
I am absolutely agree with the moderator, it’s hard to find the exact way to get backup as recovery of files.. And we can’t take any guarantee for third party tools as well. Away from each talk you can take a help via using any well known recovery tool. All the best!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro