iPad 2 iOS8 Instant Hotspot Feature Work?
I have an iPad 2 on iOS 6 that I am considering upgrading to iOS 8. I understand iOS8 will be probably be slower on my old iPad, but my primary reason for wanting to upgrade would be for the Continuity Instant Hotspot feature.
I have an iPhone with iOS8 that I want to be able to use the continuity instant hotspot feature with my iPad. Will the iPad 2 with iOS 8 allow me to connect to the iPhone hotspot using the continuity feature?
I know handoff won't work with the iPad 2 but it wasn't clear from the Apple info pages if the instant hotspot portion would work?
- 02-25-2015, 07:31 PM #2
Re: iPad 2 iOS8 Instant Hotspot Feature Work?
You can use Personal Hotspot on your iPhone to provide Internet access to your other devices without additional setup. You'll need to sign in to iCloud using the same Apple ID as your iPhone. Also, your cellular provider needs to provision your Personal Hotspot.
To get Internet access from your iPhone:
On your iPad or iPod touch, go to Settings > Wi-Fi on your other iOS device and select your iPhone or iPad that has a cellular connection.
Source: Connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac using Continuity - Apple Support
- By Will Brady in forum iPhone 6Replies: 17Last Post: 03-06-2015, 09:21 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-25-2015, 12:44 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 02-25-2015, 12:38 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 02-25-2015, 09:34 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 02-25-2015, 08:00 AM