Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default iphone 4s black un responsive screen and wont charge

i have a iphone 4s 16gb i dropped it the other day, not hard, and the screen went black but i could hear texts etc coming through. when i plugged it into a charger the phone would vibrate various times.

a few days later i presume the battery has died as i cant hear any sound coming through and when i plug it into a charger nothing happens.. all i want is my pictures from this phone but when i plug into laptop nothing happens so cant access itunes or anything.

could this be the lcd? i dont mind buying a new screen and getting it fixed but dont want to waste money on a screen if this isnt the case.

ive tried pressing the home and on/off button at the same time that doesnt work either

someone told me to put in freezer for ten minutes? opinions

Default Why is my iPhone 4s screen black and un-responsive?

The screen is probably unresponsive because you dropped it. It can happen. Either repair/replace it yourself or have it done at a nearby Apple Store or one of the many kiosks that do it in a nearby mall or something. In addition, there could be something else wrong being that iTunes is not detecting the device. Just FYI.