Why can't I post a review in the App Store?

I

iMore Question

I'm trying to write a review in the App Store for games I play. I am already signed in with my Apple ID and password. I rate it, put in a title and add the review. Everything is fine until I hit send. When I hit send, I get an error message that says :
Please enter a Nickname MXNicknameWizard.NicknameEmptyError_explanation
OK
I hit ok and it kicks me out.
Please help! Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know, but I've written several reviews for apps in the App Store over the years, and not once was I ever asked to enter a nickname. You might want to sign out of the App Store, reboot your device, and then sign back in before trying again.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If you're on a beta iOS version you might not be allowed to leave a review I've had that happen myself. It might also be a bug head here Apple - Feedback and put in the details you just posted. Also try signing out of your Apple ID and then sign back in see if you can leave the review.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've been asked to enter a nickname twice. Once when I first started using the iPhone, and again when I upgraded to the 5. Not again since. It may use your game center name. I really don't know. Also, they don't allow reviews if you obtained the app with a promo code.

Writer722

Jul 25, 2017
Visit site
If anyone is still struggling with this: when you're writing the review, DON'T click the stars! Click submit, it will ask you to type a nickname, then it will ask you to rate. Add the amount of stars you deem appropriate, then it will let you post. :) Hope this helps!

rip_steve

Aug 5, 2017
Visit site
Tried your solution for the problem of the send button just not doing anything on my new iPhone7. It did ask me for the stars, but afterwards it still didn't work; sending didn't do anything.

eskimorab

Aug 7, 2017
Visit site
Writer722. This worked for me after trying to post a review. It worked exactly as you said. Keep up the good work helping the community. Thank you so much.

lynpatricia 61

Aug 9, 2017
Visit site
It worked on ios 9.2.1 on my ipod touch 6th generation & ios 9.3.4 on my ipad mini 1st generation by writing my review on the App Store & I send it, when I come back to the App Store after I wrote it, it showed up my review, but I will not update to ios 10 on my ipod touch 6th generation, on my ipad mini 1st generation, I wrote nickname on game center after I sign in to my account, it worked, & It will show my nickname on the App Store when I write a review.

Fuzzy3526

Aug 11, 2017
Visit site
OMG thank you so much ??????️. It didnt work the first time or the second but the third, it worked, Btw im on an Iphone6 Plus on ios 10.3.3.

Binod Dhakal

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
Venktesh you are great. You really figured out the solution. By using long nick name I was able to submit my review. I think apple store need to work on this.

Dec 31, 2017
Visit site
Didn't work for me

None of the resolutions posted in this thread worked for me. :-( Getting frustrated in general with iphone. Try to download apps to help with iphone issues and then can't post anything about them not working.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro