Why am I using so much data ?
I'm hardly useing the apps taking a few pictures used maps a couple of times. And reading emails and I've already used half my data and it's only been since the 18 th. I've been clearing off the open pAges and shutting it down by closing the cellular every night? I know I need to read some tips on this stuff ,but haven't found one yet.
- 02-24-2015, 08:04 AM #2
- 38,409 Posts
Re: Why am I useing so much data ?
I don't know. You need to get with your wireless carrier and figure it out. Also, is it possible that you're not connected to Wi-Fi during the times that you think you are? Have you gone through each and every setting? You might want to disable access to cellular data by various apps and games.
- 02-24-2015, 10:31 AM #3
- 02-24-2015, 10:45 AM #4iMore Newbie
- 29 Posts
Re: Why am I using so much data ?
I recently had the exact same problem. I restored my phone from an iCloud backup and within two days had burned through four Gb of data for seemingly no reason. In my situation, I looked under "Cellular" in Settings.app and found that 3.5 Gb was from "media services." After researching, I found the only solution was to reset my phone and set it up as new instead of from a backup. After doing so, everything has been great... Just anecdotal, in case that mirrors your problem
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-24-2015, 07:23 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-24-2015, 06:24 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-23-2015, 05:07 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-23-2015, 04:45 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 02-23-2015, 04:12 PM