Why am I using so much data ?

I

iMore Question

I'm hardly useing the apps taking a few pictures used maps a couple of times. And reading emails and I've already used half my data and it's only been since the 18 th. I've been clearing off the open pAges and shutting it down by closing the cellular every night? I know I need to read some tips on this stuff ,but haven't found one yet.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why am I useing so much data ?

I don't know. You need to get with your wireless carrier and figure it out. Also, is it possible that you're not connected to Wi-Fi during the times that you think you are? Have you gone through each and every setting? You might want to disable access to cellular data by various apps and games.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Do you download many apps or music from iTunes when you aren't at home? I used to do that a lot and forget i even did it

derickson328

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I recently had the exact same problem. I restored my phone from an iCloud backup and within two days had burned through four Gb of data for seemingly no reason. In my situation, I looked under "Cellular" in Settings.app and found that 3.5 Gb was from "media services." After researching, I found the only solution was to reset my phone and set it up as new instead of from a backup. After doing so, everything has been great... Just anecdotal, in case that mirrors your problem