How can I get Siri to understand the name of my home town?

I

iMore Question

Siri doesn't understand the name of my home town, and can't find it when I need directions home.

I live in a town near Seattle, Washington, named 'Bothell'. I try giving her the address verbally while I'm driving and trying to find the fastest way home, but she keeps sending me to that same house and street address, but in 'Sammamish', a small town 12 miles SE of here. I'm a native English speaker from the Pacific NW - we have no accents here. I can't seem to get her to understand what I'm saying, but if I am in my town and ask her to tell me what town I'm in, she'll give the nearest intersection and say 'Bothell'. When I say it she's completely confused and tries to direct me to 'Buffalo' 'Bath Cell', 'Bodwell', etc. Is there some way I can 'teach' her where I live, and what the name of the town is? It's an incorporated town that's been here since the early 1900's, so it's on all the other maps.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Siri doesn't understand the name of my home town, and can't find it when I ne...

Have you tried just saying home to Siri? If you have a contact card for yourself in phone Siri will direct you home.
You can also send feedback to Apple on this.
I looked up the pronunciation of Bothell and I got the same results as you. I also added a contact with Bothell Wa with a random name and Siri gave me directions to Bothell from my city.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox