Is there an app to track billable phone calls?

I

iMore Question

Looking for an app to track billable phone calls

I use my personal phone for work. I need an app that will easily let me classify a call as billable time and export the data as a spreadsheet so as to track the time spent on the phone doing my job when not clocked in. Any ideas?

karma3

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: Looking for an app to track billable phone calls

I have tried the above suggestions. So far all I have found are apps (like abillity) that require subscription to their online business. All I want is the ability to mark phone calls from a log (both incoming and outgoing) as business related and then export the list so as to claim my time spent on the call. No external linking to other devices is needed and no monitoring by some company is wanted.
Preferably the way this app would work is after every phone call box would pop up asking if this was billable time. Select yes and it would add it to the log. But simply being able to access a log that would allow me to create the list would work fine.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site

Your provider should have their own app no? I know mine does and it can tell you how many calls, texts, etc you made that day, month, year etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

karma3

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
I don't need to see a list of all my usage, I need to mark calls that are job related immediately after the call so I can compile the list each pay period and be paid for my time. I am a sales rep that is paid hourly. I do not work a 9-5, five day a week job so I am often off the clock when I receive calls needing product or info. As I do not always know if the incoming call is job related or note I need a way to compile those calls that are.
Sure, I can make a note after each call with the time spent and compile that manually each pay period, but that is a lot of extra work that would be eliminated by what seems like a simple app.
I have found one that possibly will work called CalLog. I am waiting for the developer to respond to my question as it is a pay app.
BTW, I am using an iPhone 4S if relevant.

Worldwebber

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Sorry, it's called CallLogPro. I don't believe it's the app u already tried even though the names are almost the same. It has a 1-day free trial so no risk. It's available in the Cydia BigBoss repo.

karma3

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site

I had come across a different app by the same name that was no longer available (and didn't do what I wanted anyway) but it wasn't a jailbreak app. I have contacted the developer of your lead to see if it will work, but alas, my phone is not jailbroken and wont be able to be until 8.2 presumably. I will update when I hear back. Thanks.

karma3

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site

Update:

>>> Does this app save a separate call log from the standard iPhone log or just modify the standard log? Does it have the ability to export the log, preferably to a spreadsheet?
>>> I am trying to find an app that will allow me to select calls that fit into a certain criteria, create a log and export it.
>>> I work a sales position and often receive calls while not on the clock and want an easy way to bill for that time.

>> Dear valuable customer,
>> Thank you for contacting our support center.
>> It offers to generate a report in PDF format for between dates and call filters (all, dialled, received and missed). How ever the idea is just good to support (selecting specific calls and generate report), probably subsequent releases definitely has support for it.
>> This app saves separate call logs without affecting the original call log and keeps syncing with it.

> Thank you for the quick reply, but I don't quite follow your explanation.
> Let me ask you this:
> Can I create a call log adding one call at a time as I receive them and deem them for inclusion, and then can I export a pdf say between the dates of the 15th -30th that will show only those calls I added along with the length of the call?

Dear valuable customer,
No thats not possible. Calls selection for reports is not available in CallLogPro as of now.

The search continues...

Javier Morales1

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi .

Are you looking for an app like "Momentem"? if it's you case and you find something similar please, please let me know!!! I will let you know if I found any app that works as you are looking.

Good luck!

Thanks

2KILL4

Dec 5, 2016
Visit site
Not sure why this is so hard to find??? It seems there is a whole world that would benefit from being able to tag their calls as billables and log what they talked about. The closest thing I found was Chrometa but just trying it now. Full functionality is for Android but has manual capability for iOs

jxmallett

Jan 14, 2017
Visit site
I know this post is old but I have some info because I was looking to make a call tracking app.

Apple does not let developers access the call log under any circumstances. This makes a billable call tracking app basically impossible. It seems really silly of Apple. All they need is an app permission so the user is made aware that the app is reading the call log.

My advice: Use Android. But that's not a particularly reasonable solution to what should be a simple problem.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73