Which Mac mini should I buy ?
Please I'm confuse and I can't make a decision, Which Mac mini is good for me:
Note that I'll used the new mac for IT development.
2012 Mac Mini ( $799 on Amazon )
2.3 GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz) with 6MB L3 cache
4 GB (two 2GB) of 1600MHz DDR3 memory
1 TB (5400-rpm) hard drive
Intel HD Graphics 4000
2014 Mac Mini ( $669 on Amazon )
2.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
1TB (5400-rpm) hard drive
8GB of 1600MHz LPDDR3 memory
Intel Iris Graphics
Mac OS X Yosemite
Is there a big different between Intel HD Graphics 4000 & Intel Iris Graphics ?
Please help me to take a right decision.
Thanks in advance
- 02-19-2015, 11:08 AM #2iMore Pro
- 533 Posts
Re: Which Mac mini should I buy ?
There is a fairly big difference between HD 4000 and Intel Iris but to be honest if you need the extra graphical horsepower, you are better off looking at an iMac with either Iris Pro or a discrete GPU. If you really need the better graphics for rendering work, you might lean towards the 2014 model but for IT I would say the 2012 quad-core is an ideal choice. It can be upgraded to 16 GB RAM and has two internal drive bays so it is an excellent choice for supporting virtual machines if you need to do work on multiple platforms.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 10-08-2015, 02:45 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-19-2015, 07:17 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 02-19-2015, 06:12 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-18-2015, 01:43 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 02-18-2015, 11:22 AM