Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Trouble transfering content from iphone 4 to iphone 6

I want to transfer pics and video and contacts from iphone 4 to iphone 6. Tried to do this at verizon store and worker there installed a verizon device that pulls up a bar code on my old iphone and then the iphone 6 views it and the phones connect. It said it would take 4 hours and since I was in the store i didnt want to wait. I tried it at home and it would never finish downloading. I tried a couple times and found that it transferred only a couple songs and not all photos and was duplicating photos when i restarted it the second time It got my contacts right. Then it said I didnt have enough i cloud storage to continue. I never wanted the stuff to go to icloud--i just wanted stuff from iphone 4 to go to iphone 6 and my iphone 4 was the one with the lowest storage so it cant have more to send than my iphone 6 can handle. How do I fix this?
    Thanx for your time
    iMore Genius

20,845 Posts

Default Re: Trouble transfering content from iphone 4 to iphone 6

Have a computer with iTunes? Back up,the old phone... Restore to,the new one... And sync iTunes content and apps from the computer...