Ipad Mini 1 Ios 8.1.3 Battery Percentage Jumping
I've got an original iPad Mini that has developed an interesting quirk as of late. All will be fine until the battery starts to dwindle below 50%. Once I have seen it jump from ~40% to ~20%, and once from ~25% to 3% remaining. More common, however, is the device dying from ~20% battery.
This is not limited to depleting the battery, either. If it dies from 20% battery, plugging it in immediately turns the device back on, and it displays about 1% less battery than when it died. Unplugging again will cause it to die in about a minute, and the process can be repeated.
- 02-18-2015, 01:43 PM #2iMore Beginner
- 63 Posts
Re: Ipad Mini 1 Ios 8.1.3 Battery Percentage Jumping
So this is the cause of having an old battery. Once the lithium-polymer battery gets old, it becomes unstable hence you see your percentages drop down significantly from time to time. The best way of fixing this is by replacing the old battery. It's quite a simple swap and fix. Good luck!
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 02-18-2015, 01:33 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 02-18-2015, 12:12 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-18-2015, 10:47 AM
My iPad Air is boot looping + bluescreen (Update error and TinyUmbrella not found it), how can I fix this?By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-18-2015, 09:59 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-18-2015, 07:41 AM