OUTLOOK default email client on iphone 6?

I

iMore Question

How can I set OUTLOOK to be default email client on iphone 6?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How can I set OUTLOOK to be default email client on iphone 6?

Configure your Outlook.com account via the Mail settings. Afterwards, select your Outlook.com account to be the "Default Account" by going to Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars and then scrolling down to the Mail section.

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Configure your Outlook.com account via the Mail settings. Afterwards, select your Outlook.com account to be the "Default Account" by going to Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars and then scrolling down to the Mail section.

I think the poster meant the app itself (the "new" Microsoft Outlook app), not an outlook email per se. Then again, I might be wrong...

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
How come it takes so long to send emails in the new Outlook app? I've sent a few emails using the new app but it takes a good while for them to send. Is there some way that I can speed it up. With the stock app, as soon as hit the send button, you can hear and see it send and in a little bit you've got the email in the inbox. Sent a couple to myself to check it but with Outlook, it seems it after you hit the send button, you never hear or see it it send and it takes a longtime for you to receive it. Is that the way it works or is it just mine messing up??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
tharley46: I tested Outlook email app, Gmail app, CloudMagic email app and the stock email. Indeed the stock email was the fastest, by far. My conclusion is that it isn't Outlook's (or Gmail or CloudMagic) fault but rather an apple "thing."

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How come it takes so long to send emails in the new Outlook app? I've sent a few emails using the new app but it takes a good while for them to send. Is there some way that I can speed it up. With the stock app, as soon as hit the send button, you can hear and see it send and in a little bit you've got the email in the inbox. Sent a couple to myself to check it but with Outlook, it seems it after you hit the send button, you never hear or see it it send and it takes a longtime for you to receive it. Is that the way it works or is it just mine messing up??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn't experience that when I had the app installed. When I hit the send icon, the message was sent. If there was a delay, it couldn't have been more than a second or two.

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I should make myself clearer: Getting emails took longer when I sent them from Gmail, Outlook and/or CloudMagic. Sending emails via Outlook app was fine.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner