- iMore Intermediate
- 465 Posts
How to Tell if You Have Spill Damage?
I spilled just a little water on my Macbook Pro keys, and all is fine. I put it upside down for 3 days. I was worried that I damaged my computer. How likely is it that some of what spilled, spilled into the components? Are the components directly below the keyboard?
- 02-13-2015, 06:25 AM #2
- 38,470 Posts
Re: How to Tell if You Have Spill Damage
Define "a little water". Anyway, water damage can sometime materialize much later so don't be surprised if it's working great for a while and then all of a sudden starts exhibiting strange behavior. On the other hand, you may have acted quickly enough to prevent any damages whatsoever. As for how to tell if you have water damage, I'm sure newer MBPs have liquid contact indicators under the casing, but where they are, I do not know.
- 02-13-2015, 07:14 AM #3
- By idepaul in forum iTunesReplies: 1Last Post: 02-13-2015, 09:39 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-13-2015, 08:42 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 02-13-2015, 07:10 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 02-13-2015, 12:00 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 02-12-2015, 09:12 PM