How can I protect my charging cables against theft in public places?

I

iMore Question

How do I protect my charging cable against theft (public place). I'd like to attach it to the wall and cover it .. Any ideas?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Are we leaving just the charger and cable in the public place? Where's the phone/iPad?

Seriously though... Just take the charger and cable with you... Don't leave it anywhere, and you don't have to worry about securing it in a public place... That's the ultimate "Captain Obvious" solution...

anon8433722

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Define 'public place'.

I leave my charger in plain sight on my desk at work and it has yet to be removed. Aside from its newish condition, there is little value in taking it unless said person has an iPhone/iPad and requires a lightning charger. I have more problems with family at my home stealing my charger when I leave it plugged in at my bedside. For weeks I would unplug and hide the charger for this very reason. My wife and daughter each want to charge their iPhone 5S with my charger, since they tend to lose their own on a daily basis.

For theft to take place you have to have the means and the opportunity. When you leave something out in the open at a public place, you provide the opportunity and to a certain extent the means as well. All that is there to deter someone from stealing your property is their willpower or lack of desire.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423890184.288261.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Consider putting it in your bag or briefcase? Don't know what else can be said other than what has already been mentioned here. Not sure why you would leave it in a public space in the first place.

Pronger22

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
iPad point of sale machines... See revelsystems-dot-com for some examples.

I have close to 50 iPads installed in public places as POS systems and cable theft is a real problem.

Good to see a bunch of smart *** answers to the question posted here though.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro