Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

3 Posts

Default Will manually dated jpegs transfer to Photos?

Today I have a library of pictures better than 25K in Aperture. Seven years ago I imported about 7K worth of pictures from iPhoto (before the libraries were compatible). Also included in the total 25K pictures are about 4000 entries that were made from slides, scanned from pictures, or taken on cameras that did not date stamp. In Aperture I manually managed to properly date all 4000 pictures in question. Everything now is time sequenced the way it should be covering the years 1910 through 2015. Also of my total 25K worth of pictures I have some 6000 that I have 5 Starred. From what I am reading I believe the 5 starred ones should somehow transfer over into Photos and labeled as "Keywords"? My main question is about my manually entered dates will they transfer over? In the end will I have yearly views: These are the picture belonging to 1910, 1911, 1912, etc.? Hoping you can answer at least the last one.
    iMore Genius

20,842 Posts

Default Re: Will manually dated jpegs transfer to Photos?

You may not find the answer to your question until it comes out and is actually released...

Meanwhile, there's Apple's preview of Photos: https://www.apple.com/osx/photos-preview/ -- and you can pop over to the iMore blog side and follow along the articles about Photos until the public release.