Continuity Handoff not compatible with MacBook Pro
I have a 'Late 2011' model MacBook Pro 17". I have been advised by Apple that the continuity/handoff feature won't work with my iphone 6 +. (After spending 2 hrs on the phone with them troubleshooting @!$*#)
Does anyone know what the hardware limitation is, and if there is a solution for it?
- 02-07-2015, 07:03 AM #2
- 02-07-2015, 07:03 AM #3iMore Genius
- 20,842 Posts
Re: Continuity Handoff not compatible with MacBook Pro
Try adding a Bluetooth 4.0 dongle to a USB port...
Look for dongles based on the Broadcom BCM20702 chip, which are similar to the ones used by Apple in their Continuity compatible Macs. A few examples: Asus BT400, IOGEAR GBU521, GMYLE, and many others.
- 02-07-2015, 07:04 AM #4
- 02-07-2015, 07:05 AM #5
- By MuttX7 in forum iPhone 6Replies: 30Last Post: 02-20-2015, 03:21 PM
- By applejosh in forum Site Feedback & HelpReplies: 1Last Post: 02-09-2015, 08:29 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 02-09-2015, 07:14 AM
It is saying my credit card is not set up for family share on my wife's phone but my phone says it is, how do I get it working?By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 02-06-2015, 08:20 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 02-06-2015, 08:12 PM