Can I get some help with my iPhone read description?

I

iMore Question

I need desperate help with my iPhone read description

I was getting annoyed with my iPhone not loading any apps after I jail broke it so I went onto my phone. Went to settings and reset It to erase all content and settings now my phone is stuck on the loading screen with the apple logo and a loading bar. I have tried to connect my phone through iTunes but it only connects to the restore settings. If anyone could help me please reply back asap.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: I need desperate help with my iPhone read description

You need to put the phone into DFU mode and restore the iOS.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I have tried all this and it seems to not work

Keep trying. It'll take eventually. You *may* have to delete the ipsw file from your computer and force iTunes to download and install a fresh copy of iOS.

connormayle

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site

I have done this 5 times now and I have been through YouTube video but they are only coming up with ways to do it with iOS 4 there is nothing for iOS 8.1.2

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

But I have tried these methods and still nothing happens

It's your device to do with as you see fit. Two of us have given you the correct advice, but you don't want to accept it because the few times you've attempted to correct the problem, it has failed. Having said that, feel free to make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to have them attempt to get your device operating correctly. Take care.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Thank you both for the help I will have to see what I can do

You're welcome, but know this, no matter who you take the device to in order to get it functioning properly, they are going to have to do what we've already told you to do. Sometimes it takes one attempt and other times it take numerous attempts. That's just how it is. Now do yourself a favor and turn off the iPhone for about an hour, and then go and grab a bite to eat or something. Afterwards, put your iPhone in DFU mode. If you're using a Mac, locate and delete the ipsw file. Make sure the computer is connected to the Internet with decent speeds. When iTunes detects that the device is in recovery, select to restore and update it. If it fails, do it again and again and again until you succeed.

Last edited:

connormayle

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site

Okay thanks you and when I turn my iPhone on all it seems to be doing is showing the iTunes logo with a red circle around it

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

It's in recovery mode. See if you can put it in DFU Mode. (Hold the power button for 3 seconds and then while continuing to press the power button, press and hold the home button for 10 seconds and then release ONLY the power button. After about 7 seconds, iTunes will detect that the device is in recovery and you won't see anything on the device's screen. That's when you know you're in DFU Mode.

Nathan Bael

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site

I second everything they have said. DFU mode is a little more difficult to achieve in ios 8, or at least it is for me. On the plus side, iTunes should tell you when you have a phone in recovery mode and should prompt you to download and restore.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2