iPhone 5c won't hold charge/carrier updates?

I

iMore Question

Hello, All!
My iPhone 5c has never given me ANY problems until the last month or two.
The first thing I noticed was for no apparent reason, my home button would be unresponsive periodically. This only happened once or twice every 2-3 days at first, and although annoying, not too big a deal-I'd simply hit the button on the top of the phone and continue along.
This escalated very quickly into a major issue, however, when the home button stopped working altogether. WOW. I never realized just how difficult this could've made things.
I've found a temporary fix for this problem through the accessibility settings. I mentioned the above issue because I'm wondering if it could somehow be connected with the next, much more serious problem...
Fairly soon after the home button deal began (but nowhere near right at the same time) my phone began dying much faster than normal. Within a matter of a few days, I couldn't even unplug it from the charger without it dying immediately. This is the way it's stayed.
Sometimes, if I need to move my phone (due to needing the outlet it's hooked up to for something else), I'm able to power it back on just by plugging it back in...and please keep in mind that the phone isn't ever unplugged for more than 5-10 seconds- just long enough for me to run and plug the phone and charger in across the room...and other times I get an image of what I assume represents a battery with a bit of red at one end. When this happens, it may turn back on after 5 minutes or 30.
Needless to say, when I leave the house I am always without a phone at this point.
OK, SO...after all that, here's my question: I've been getting a little pop-up window at random times over the last few days...Something like, "Carrier Setting Updates Available Now". It gives me the choice to "install" or "not now".
Tonight I finally updated. I've been hesitating for fear of making things worse. Can these updates possibly help my issues?
Updates aside, does anyone know what may be happening with these seemingly unrelated, random problems? Anyone out there with similar experiences?
If so, did you deal with Apple or Verizon?
I REALLY appreciate any of you taking the time to read this. I know it's long. I just want to be as detailed as possible:)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In regard to your phone's home button, it could be a hardware/mechanical issue or it simply could need cleaning (as in lint or dust). To be certain, take it to the nearest Apple Store and have them diagnose the problem for you. In regard to carrier update, it's not uncommon to receive them periodically. Having said that, I doubt they have anything to do with making the device function better "mechanically", but I cannot say for certain. Feel free to read about carrier updates via the iMore Blog.

http://www.imore.com/whats-carrier-update-iphone-ipad-why-get-them

mega_nick5

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Hey JustMe,
Thanks for the advice! Any ideas as far as my phone going dead unless it's hooked up to the charger? I'm sure it has nothing to do with carrier updates – but I'm curious, have you heard of anyone running into this problem?

Originalloverman

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Hey JustMe,
Thanks for the advice! Any ideas as far as my phone going dead unless it's hooked up to the charger? I'm sure it has nothing to do with carrier updates ? but I'm curious, have you heard of anyone running into this problem?

How old is your phone this is a common issue

Originalloverman

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
As well how long do you leave it to charge please keep in mind that jut because it shows full battery doesn't mean it's fully charged. They have this thing rapid charge but for a full charge try leaving it charging over night the try and see.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen