How to access SDcard/CCK with iFile
I have a jailbroken Ipad 2 and a Camera Connection Kit I bought on Ebay. When plugging the CCK+SDcard into the Ipad, I get a message that it is not supported, but despite of this I can still access the photos/files on the photo app. However, I can not see any icon to browse the contents of the card in iFile. Is it some trick to have iFile mount the SDcard and/or access the contents on the CCK media?
- 02-04-2015, 03:37 PM #2
- 08-31-2015, 11:16 AM #3iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Re: How do I access the SDcard/CCK with iFile?
It all depends on what version of iOS you are currently running. If you are using a variation of iOS7 then you are in luck. Ifile will be able to access the flash device with no issues. You can copy videos, pictures, or even move folders back and forth from your ipad and flash device. Unfortunately if you are using iOS8+ you are going to find your options very limited. Apparently in 8, they changed the way external memory devices are mounted to the file system. Some sites say it will work if you format the flash device to HFS+, however I have yet to figure out a way to get that to work. It's a shame, I like iOS8, but when it comes to the extra benefits of using the CCK, you can not beat a jailbroken idevice running version 7 and ifile.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 02-06-2015, 06:42 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 02-04-2015, 04:55 PM
- By Coy Richardson in forum iPhone 6Replies: 1Last Post: 02-04-2015, 02:35 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 02-04-2015, 02:30 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 02-04-2015, 02:12 PM