How do I access the SDcard/CCK with iFile?

I

iMore Question

How to access SDcard/CCK with iFile

I have a jailbroken Ipad 2 and a Camera Connection Kit I bought on Ebay. When plugging the CCK+SDcard into the Ipad, I get a message that it is not supported, but despite of this I can still access the photos/files on the photo app. However, I can not see any icon to browse the contents of the card in iFile. Is it some trick to have iFile mount the SDcard and/or access the contents on the CCK media?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: How to access SDcard/CCK with iFile

The only thing the CCK can do or see on a connected memory card is photos...

Bob Loveland

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
It all depends on what version of iOS you are currently running. If you are using a variation of iOS7 then you are in luck. Ifile will be able to access the flash device with no issues. You can copy videos, pictures, or even move folders back and forth from your ipad and flash device. Unfortunately if you are using iOS8+ you are going to find your options very limited. Apparently in 8, they changed the way external memory devices are mounted to the file system. Some sites say it will work if you format the flash device to HFS+, however I have yet to figure out a way to get that to work. It's a shame, I like iOS8, but when it comes to the extra benefits of using the CCK, you can not beat a jailbroken idevice running version 7 and ifile.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2