Like if i don't want the app but still store on my phone how can i take it off to free up more space on my iphone.
    02-04-2015 01:12 PM
    tap & hold the icon until it and other icons wiggle... tap the "X" on the app... that will delete it.
    02-04-2015 01:16 PM
    Some apple apps you can't un-install.
    Last edited by zerog46; 02-04-2015 at 01:21 PM. Reason: spekling
    02-04-2015 01:21 PM
    You can also delete apps in Settings >General >Usage >Manage Storage >Tap on app >delete There is a difference in the two methods of deleting apps.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    02-04-2015 04:46 PM
    You can also delete apps in Settings >General >Usage >Manage Storage >Tap on app >delete There is a difference in the two methods of deleting apps.

What's the difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-04-2015 04:49 PM
    What's the difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just different methods. Same end result.
    02-04-2015 05:23 PM
    Just different methods. Same end result.
    No, actually there's a difference. If you delete the app by tapping the X in the upper left corner, it is reinstalled as a new app and is placed on the screen as such. If you delete from settings, then reinstall from the purchased list, it comes back to the same spot where it was before. Even if it was in a folder. Also, by deleting with the X, you may have to log back in. The other way is more like deleting from the multitasking tray. Everything remains intact. Most everything. None of it matters unless you reinstall the app. I do that a lot. LOL

zerog46 and mark233 like this.
    02-04-2015 06:21 PM
    To add to what I said above, I really don't know exactly how that works. There could be a time limit or something. But it Always works for me.

02-04-2015 07:06 PM
    No, actually there's a difference. If you delete the app by tapping the X in the upper left corner, it is reinstalled as a new app and is placed on the screen as such. If you delete from settings, then reinstall from the purchased list, it comes back to the same spot where it was before. Even if it was in a folder. Also, by deleting with the X, you may have to log back in. The other way is more like deleting from the multitasking tray. Everything remains intact. Most everything. None of it matters unless you reinstall the app. I do that a lot. LOL

Learn something new everyday.
    02-04-2015 08:34 PM
    Learn something new everyday.
    I first noticed it when deleting and reinstalling Facebook and Twitter to purge the cache. It surprised me to see the apps install back where they had been. I thought iTunes was just doing me a favor. More than likely an unintentional thing like nested folders.

02-05-2015 12:19 AM