Why can't I uninstall app's I don't use anymore?

I

iMore Question

why cant i uninstall app's i don't use anymore?

Like if i don't want the app but still store on my phone how can i take it off to free up more space on my iphone.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: why cant i uninstall app's i don't use anymore?

tap & hold the icon until it and other icons wiggle... tap the "X" on the app... that will delete it.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
why cant i uninstall app's i don't use anymore?

Some apple apps you can't un-install.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

You can also delete apps in Settings >General >Usage >Manage Storage >Tap on app >delete There is a difference in the two methods of deleting apps.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

hatchettjack

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site

You can also delete apps in Settings >General >Usage >Manage Storage >Tap on app >delete There is a difference in the two methods of deleting apps.

What's the difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Just different methods. Same end result.
No, actually there's a difference. If you delete the app by tapping the X in the upper left corner, it is reinstalled as a new app and is placed on the screen as such. If you delete from settings, then reinstall from the purchased list, it comes back to the same spot where it was before. Even if it was in a folder. Also, by deleting with the X, you may have to log back in. The other way is more like deleting from the multitasking tray. Everything remains intact. Most everything. None of it matters unless you reinstall the app. I do that a lot. LOL

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
To add to what I said above, I really don't know exactly how that works. There could be a time limit or something. But it Always works for me.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Learn something new everyday.
I first noticed it when deleting and reinstalling Facebook and Twitter to purge the cache. It surprised me to see the apps install back where they had been. I thought iTunes was just doing me a favor. More than likely an unintentional thing like nested folders.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73