What would be my absolute best router to use to better my speed?

I

iMore Question

I just discovered your website & was happy to read your informative articles about networking. At the end you offered your help, for which I am very grateful.
I purchased my MacBook Pro, i5, in November, 2012, so I don't think It has a Haswell processor. It can go all the way to the new Yosemite OS, but I did not upgrade yet from the 10.8.5 Mountain Lion OS that came with it. My old iMac can't go beyond 10.5.8 Leopard OS, so I think I will have to update to a new desktop iMac soon. I started with an Air-Link router at first, and was just lucky to get it working and when it broke down after a few years, I switched to Airport Express, so my tech knowledge is limited.
So here is my question: If I am forced to subscribe to DSL, and an Airport Express being used as a wireless router gave me a ping of 33ms, a download speed of 3.04 Mbps and an upload speed of 1.05 Mbps.absolute best router to use to better my speed?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The limiting factor is indeed the Internet service... Theoretically I could get 20Mbps DSL... And my local telco is in process of being able to do fiber to the home...

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods