Photostream in windows explorer is missing lots of photos
I am new to apple. I have an iphone 5 with iOS 8.1.3.
I have enabled icloud photo library beta ( I know no other apple system!)
I have iCloud enabled on my windows 7 PC ( all features checked).
All my photos are on my phone and in icloud but in "my photostream" (under icloud photos in windows explorer) many are missing (about 200/250 missing) and those that appear are all out of any sort of order.
I've re installed icloud twice, checked all the settings etc but can't figure out the problem. I like to back up photos to my laptop and not rely just on icloud especially as library is in beta and this was easier from my photostream than it is from icloud directly. iCloud is supposed to talk to my PC so why won't it.
- 02-03-2015, 06:17 PM #2Banned
- 8,230 Posts
Re: Photostream in windows explorer is missing lots of photos
It's a waiting games while iCloud photos is in beta. Afaik, the iCloud control panel in Windows only supports the older PhotoStream (there's no Mac support for iCloud photos beta either) and PhotoStream is only supposed to be the last 1000 photos up to a month old.
Right now if you want the originals out of iCloud photo beta you need to log into iCloud.com and you should be able to download them from there. Not ideal, I know.
- By GadgetTron in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 26Last Post: 02-12-2015, 04:01 AM
- By Tricia40422 in forum iOS 8Replies: 1Last Post: 02-03-2015, 04:22 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-03-2015, 04:12 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-03-2015, 04:05 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-03-2015, 02:22 PM