How recent are my wife's recent contacts in the imessage app?

I

iMore Question

When trying to start a new conversation using imessage, certain contacts apear that are not even saved in contacts. They are described as recent contacts. How recent and if more than one, are they in any type of order?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I suppose it depends on how prolific one is sending messages... If you're like me, ' recents' could be weeks old...

Last edited:

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Maybe to reset it, turn recents off and restart the device. Once done, turn recents on again. Maybe that will clear them and then you can start fresh.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
When trying to start a new conversation using imessage, certain contacts apear that are not even saved in contacts. They are described as recent contacts. How recent and if more than one, are they in any type of order?
Everything shows up in recents. Not just contacts. All calls, messages and emails. It could be a call from the Doctor or an email from a friend. And although they're called recents, they may have been there a long time. A non contact with a circled "i" may be deleted from the list. Tap the (i) and then tap delete. But contacts may not be deleted. Those not recent will appear gray.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner