Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kch50428
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Is there anything better than the Remote app...?

...to control my iTunes playlists and Internet Radio from my Air 2 to play on my sound system Remote does not sem to find anything. It keeps searching and loading for ever, woth no results.
    iMore Genius

20,845 Posts

Default Re: Is there anyting better that Remote...

I'm still trying to picture in my mind why you're using the remote app...
    nikkisharif likes this.

Default Re: Is there anything better than the Remote app...?

Using that app makes no sense. You should probably find out if the manufacturer of your sound system has an app that would be useful.
    iMore Nanite

2 Posts

Hello, all, from a new member and a new iPad Air 2 owner.

Judging by your responses, no offense, but maybe you don't really know what Remote does. Here is the deal: I have a big music library on my Mac, that I listen to using iTunes to pick tracks, artists, albums... you name it. I also like to listen to the Internet radio. Now, I discovered I could listen to this music over my stereo sound system, via Wi-Fi. Great. But when I'm anywhere not near my Mac, i need to keep control of iTunes. This where the app. Remote on my Air 2 comes into play. With it, I can pick tracks, play and stop and adjust volume from anywhere in the house. But Remote sometimes has a hard time just connecting to my musicde library or the Interet radio. Hence my question. Thank you.

There's nothing else you can really do to control iTunes on a remote iMac from the iPad. I agree that connecting to a large library can be super slow.
    The only thing I can think of and I don't know if this would be better, would be to turn on Screen Sharing in the Mac. Then there are numerous VNC apps for the iPad that you could use to view the Mac's entire desktop.