Why can't I complete the Touch ID setup process?

I

iMore Question

The problem here is when i want to put my amprent it gives me an error:"unable to complete Touch ID setup.Please go back and try again later".Do i need to change my amprent button or is there something else i can do?If i need to change it,how much does it cost?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why i can't complete touch id setup

What is an "amprent"? Where is the "amprent" button located in order for you to change it? Having said that, sometimes a reboot of your iPhone or iPad and washing and drying your hands may help in getting Touch ID to successfully register your fingerprint(s).

Cristian Rusu

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
I don't know how to reboot it.and there is my error: iMoreAppImg_20150130_200351.jpg and this comes just after this :iMoreAppImg_20150130_200357.jpg .

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Hold the home and power buttons at the same time until the Apple logo appears on the screen, then let go... that's rebooting...

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how to reboot it.and there is my error:View attachment 76552 and this comes just after this :View attachment 76553 .

To reboot the device, press and hold BOTH the power button and home button until you see the Apple logo. When you see the Apple Logo, stop pressing the buttons and let the device boot to the lockscreen. Afterwards, try to setup your Touch ID again.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I really can't guys.I am from Romania and there is no place where i can do that.Please help me!!

We've done everything we can at this point. If the recommendations above didn't work, although they should, we can only assume you may have a hardware problem in which taking it to Apple or an authorized Apple repair shop is your best bet.

li6834300

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Same problemo here!!
I am from a city doesn't have any Genius!
I got my 6Plus 3 months ago
It was working just fine last night I slept, and when I wake up, everything forked up.

Mint Choco

Mar 25, 2017
Visit site
I have the same problem!!!! It just suddenly stopped working! Idk what happened and I'm desperate. The thing is though, this have happened before, but last time I went back to normal after I restarted my phone. This time nothing worked :"(((((

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem!!!! It just suddenly stopped working! Idk what happened and I'm desperate. The thing is though, this have happened before, but last time I went back to normal after I restarted my phone. This time nothing worked :"(((((

Try Reset All Settings. This will reset the fingerprint set up. Among other things, you will have to add your prints back in.
Reset All Settings
Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

Let us know if it works or not.

Mint Choco

Mar 25, 2017
Visit site
Try Reset All Settings. This will reset the fingerprint set up. Among other things, you will have to add your prints back in.
Reset All Settings
Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

Let us know if it works or not.

I have rested my phone, but the Touch ID is still inactive.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have rested my phone, but the Touch ID is still inactive.

If you Reset All Settings, and it didn't work, I would contact Apple Support and see what they suggest. It's possible you have a broken touch ID sensor. If that's the case, it would need to be repaired by Apple. Or upgrade to a new phone. Sometimes touch ID issues are fixed in the next update. If it's not fixed in the next update, then call Apple.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711