Automatic Downloads breaks my iCloud, how do I stop this from happening?

Stephen Vogel

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I have had an iPad for a little while and have just bought an iPhone 6.
When I download an app with auto downloads turned on the app will appear on my other device but it is faded with "waiting" underneath. It will stay like this until I go to my purchased apps and find the stuck app and tap on the circle with the square in it. This will then turn into the cloud with the down arrow and tapping this will see the app download as normal. The bigger problem is that this process seems to kill any syncing at all between my iPad and iPhone ( calendar, reminders, contacts, the lot). The only way I can rectify this is to go to settings, iCloud and then tap on my details at the top and enter my password.
For now I have just turned off auto download but it would be nice if I could get it going again. It did initially work and I don't believe I have changed any relevant settings.
I have the same problem regardless if I initially make the app purchase on my iPad or iPhone.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Stephen

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Automatic Downloads breaks my iCloud

Log out of iCloud and iTunes/AppStore on both devices... Reboot them... Then log back in.

Stephen Vogel

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site

Thank you. I tried this today with mixed success. Auto downloaded apps still get stuck in "waiting" but going into my purchases to kickstart the download no longer breaks my iCloud syncing. How long should I be waiting for an auto downloaded app to start downloading? Back when it worked it happened almost instantly and while I appreciate that might not always be the case after half an hour or so I think it's a lost cause. It looks like somehow it is trying to download as I see the the little spinning thing in the top left corner by the wifi signal whenever one of these apps is stuck in waiting.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

You could also download all the updated apps via iTunes, then sync devices to iTunes... The one time I was having peculiar issues downloading on devices...iTunes worked fine, syncing got the new apps on devices, and after that...updating apps on device just worked again.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Or turn off auto downloads. Do it manually. I always download my apps manually.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Stephen Vogel

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Or turn off auto downloads. Do it manually. I always download my apps manually.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Thanks, that's pretty much what I am doing at the moment. It's not a huge deal for me that it doesn't work from a usage point of view but I don't like it when things don't work they way they are supposed to :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234