Why doesn't my iPhone 6 ring, it only vibrates?

I

iMore Question

why does my iphone 6 not ring, it only vibrates

incoming calls are missed because the phone only vibrates, why doesn't it ring also? How can I set it up to ring and vibrate?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: why does my iphone 6 not ring, it only vibrates

Check the switch on the left side of your device just above the volume buttons and make sure it's not showing any Red. That is the Mute switch and most likely your problem.

kristyn barile

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Two things my friend , 1 go to settings and go to the do not disturb moon and were it says manual turn that off if that doesn't work on the left side of ur phone above ur volume keys is a little switch flip it too the right so that u don't see orange and that should Definatky do it !!!

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Thank u, It works, my iphone was in mute mode... I was feeling desperate thinking that i have to reset to factory setting ... 

Don't feel bad. I've now done that three times since having my phone. I've decided to use the DND feature instead of that mute button, because dag-nabbit I'm old and keep forgetting that button is there lol.

CodyO84

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
My mute button on the side is turned off, the do not disturb isn't on my volume is up and it still won't ring I even tried to turn the vibrate off and ring only and still it only vibrates when someone calls maybe my mute/sound button on the left side is broken??

cristineg

Dec 29, 2016
Visit site
Boy, I sure don't know how that 'do not disturb' was activated, but this post was a lifesaver! Thank you!!!! I could NOT find out where the settings had been messed up. Nicely done!!

Jina4all

Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
I have ipjone 6 and its only vibrating not ringing..
Check all the steps mentioned above in this forum but no solution..
Plz help me with this.