Why won't my ipod touch 5th gen work smoothly with bluetooth?

steve72852

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello ... I had my installer put in the required Bluetooth adapter from Pioneer (BT200) on my Elite Series SC-65 Reciever. The playback breaks up if my ipod touch 5th gen is moving, being handled, or if I set it on a surface and put my hand in front of it, for example. The adapter is rear mounted on the receiver. All software and firmware is current. Why should standing in front of the ipod interfere with the signal, or does it need a clear path. Isn't Bluetooth sort of omnidirectional such that it should pick up the signal within 15 feet or so regardless? Please advise if possible asap and thanks.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I would think it's a poor installation or maybe the adapter is faulty? Make sure the adapter was put in correctly or even try a new adapter. I imagine you made sure the adapter was compatible with your iPod?

steve72852

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the response.... The adapter is correct for the receiver. As far as the ipod touch, it will actually work alright if I put it on my TV A/V stand, or within a few feet of it. Seems like a range/signal strength problem. Again, if I put my hand between the ipod and the receiver it stops... weird. Not happy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh